• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

The End

The End

• 2,446 posts

POPULAR

Introduction to basic hacking methods
by The End

The first thing you're going to want to do before instantly jumping into a piece of software or malware is to learn what the popular methods are.

Keyloggers
   What is a keylogger?

• A keylogger is software that runs on a computer to monitor one's keystrokes. Every key they type on their keyboard is monitored & recorded. These logs of recorded keystrokes can then be obtained by a hacker via email, FTP, manually downloading the logs or otherwise.

What can it do?

• Basic keyloggers simply record the keystrokes. However, with the influx of easy-to-use plug-n-play malware of today, keyloggers are more advanced than ever. Some keyloggers even have RAT capabilities built into them, such as desktop screen capture.

Stealers/Recovery
What is a stealer (recovery tool)?

• A stealer, sometimes referred to "professionally" as a recovery tool is, again, like a keylogger: a small piece of software. Usually also under 1MB in size. They run on a computer, look for cookie files (saved and stored passwords from your browsers, like Chrome or FireFox) CD keys for installed programs on your PC, license keys, and whatever else it is capable of recovering.

What can they do?

• If used correctly, stealers can be extremely useful for getting in & out in no time at all. Stealers are designed to run briefly to recover all available saved cookie information on a PC and then terminate themselves after (of course) sending the compromised (or recovered, if you're doing it legally!) information to the hacker via email, FTP, or otherwise. Stealers are often used in conjunction with downloaders or herders.

Downloaders
What is a downloader?

• A downloader is exactly what it sounds like: a downloader. An extremely tiny file, usually as small as 10KB-25KB in size; they are designed for one purpose: run on a machine, connect to a URL (whatever the hacker defines the URL to be, for example: google.com) and it will attempt to download something from that URL and execute it on the PC. Attackers usually use dropbox or other hosting providers to allow them to store data (or in our case, malware) on the internet to be easily downloaded & executed remotely on a compromised PC in no time.

What can they do?

• Downloaders are seen as a simple, undetected & easy gateway into most PCs. Since they are so small in size, they are extremely easy to encrypt (make the file undetected from antivirus software) and they are easy to use, too. Downloaders are usually used in conjunction with herders.

Herders
What is a herder?

• A herder is a piece of malware designed to create a small .exe file that, if executed on a machine, will allow it to be remote controlled within the herder program. This allows the attacker to control multiple PCs with ease. Herders are very similar to remote administration tools, but they are essentially a stripped down version of them - stripped down means smaller size bins (a bin is a built .exe file from the herder program or any malware program). Smaller bins mean easier encryption, which ultimately means: easier to hide from AV companies. Overall, longer life and of course: herding. The ability to control multiple PCs easily and for a long time without losing them.

What can they do?

• I accidentally pretty much explained that above, my bad.

Remote Administration Tools (RATs)
What are they?

• RATs are the king of "skiddy" malware tools. RATs allow an attacker to have near complete control of a PC, remotely. They can fully control the keyboard, mouse, record audio & even video if a webcam is installed. RATs are the ultimate spy tool for surveillance on high-profile targets that you may want to gather a lot of information from... or just have fun with.

What can they do?

• RATs are essentially codes for real life. They give you complete control of a PC, at your fingertips, remotely from the comfort of your chair. You can control thousands of computers, with ease. RATs are the easy-to-use intermediate-level hackers' dream. They can allow for some serious damage.

Guest_So1212ow_*

Guest_So1212ow_*

I want to add to this because there is an error. There are HARDware keyloggers as well. For $45 you can have something that looks like it's supposed to be there grabbing passwords, accounts, and numbers from their computer.

hardware_keylogger_04_en.jpg

The End

The End

• 2,446 posts

I want to add to this because there is an error. There are HARDware keyloggers as well. For $45 you can have something that looks like it's supposed to be there grabbing passwords, accounts, and numbers from their computer.
 [img=

Please Login HERE or Register HERE to see this link!

forgot about those. I mainly wanted to post digital-based methods, but yes, hardware keyloggers do exists. And, if you have physical access to your victim's PC- they make it easy. Though, its also easy for you to put a RAT on a flash drive too. If you wanted more control.

Soveriegn

Soveriegn

fuckace

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

hardware_keylogger_04_en.jpg

Honestly, having physical access to a system makes it about 1000x easier to breach. An average user would almost never question a tech guy plugging in one of those puppies.

Tate

Tate

• PipPip
  • 67 posts

Interested to see if you have anything I've never seen before  :ph34r:

Edit: nice post, I didn't know herders were given their own category. I'm working on a http herder right now that operates using MyBB forum software as a webpanel.

404NotFound

404NotFound

Stoner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

I once sent a RAT to a hack3r by mistake, one of the biggest mistakes of my life. :confused: :blush:
Don't wanna go into details.

EDIT: Now, we're friends though. :sweat:

BTK

BTK

• PipPip
  • 65 posts

Thx

illuminatiking

illuminatiking

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Thanks..